The Global Co Lab Network is currently seeking to hire one or two passionate, mission-oriented fall interns with a start date of mid- August or early September 2018. One intern will focus on helping to scale Teens Dream, as well as expand the organization’s Female Empowerment efforts, and the other will focus on building Environmental Networks through collaborating with the Smithsonian.
The Global Co Lab Network is a non-profit organization based in Arlington, VA, and a virtual “do-tank” designed to empower intergenerational engagement between teens, millennials and older adults on prevalent local and global challenges. The organization’s primary goal is to focus on the passions of teens and millennials across the world and connect them with older generations to create new initiatives through virtual meetings as well as in-person gatherings it calls design lab salons.
The position is open to current undergraduate and graduate students who are eligible to work in the United States. The internship is unpaid; however, prospective interns are welcome to apply for academic credit through their institutions. Applications will be taken on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Interns will be provided office space in a Co Work facility to work with the Founder and given a minimal travel stipend of $300 per month.
As an intern, you will have the opportunity to network with an intergenerational board of professionals, teens, and millennials who are experienced in a range of fields, from public policy, education, and the health sciences, to computer science, political science, finance, and beyond. Together, you will collaborate to effectively address prevalent local and global challenges by means of cost-effective virtual network building. Through this internship experience, you will develop a deeper understanding of the organizational, managerial, and developmental work of non-profit organizations.
Current and Past Co Lab projects and collaborations include: Teens Dream, a global video contest for teens to share their early efforts towards the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), Brie Mathers’ Love the Skin You’re In, a female empowerment campaign targeted towards building female resilience, positive mental health, body, and awareness for teens, and the First Earth Optimism Summit, an event held in partnership with the Smithsonian structured around priority issues for local teens on a range of environmental issues.
To be eligible to apply for this fall internship, you must:
- Be a current full-time or part-time undergraduate or graduate student eligible to work in the United States – or a recent graduate.
- Submit a short cover note and resume demonstrating your personal and academic interests as well as relevant background to firstname.lastname@example.org – positions will be open until filled
- Be willing to intern for a minimum of 2.5 months with a start date of mid-late August or early September 2018
- Be willing to work a minimum of 20 hours a week in the Co Lab’s Arlington VA co-work space in Clarendon
- Be available to attend the annual Teens Dream event on October 5th & 6th in Alexandria, VA
The Fall intern will be responsible for providing the Co Lab with the administrative, logistical, and operational assistance needed to execute its work, such as:
- Assisting the Founding Director in final preparations for the Teens Dream event
- Assisting the Founding Director in attending meetings, including those with organizations around the D.C. area, as well as design lab salons
- Managing the development and scaling of Virtual Dream Hubs for Teens globally
- Scheduling in-person and virtual meetings with members of the Global Co Lab Network
- Providing constructive feedback to ongoing web-design development
The Fall intern is expected to be passionate in the mission of the Co Lab and its values of inclusiveness, intergenerational collaboration, and action, and should exemplify strength in the following skills:
- Willingness to Learn and Grow
- Writing and Researching
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.